d6ac18_59a24cf948de495eadde00c873533653.

My  belief in life is in order to be the best version of yourself you must maintain a healthy lifestyle that includes, mental health, spiritual health, and physical health. Here you can you find ways in which I maintain a healthy lifestyle.

turmeric fish with sauteed mushrooms and

Well Balanced Dinner 

A healthy lifestyle is all about maintaining a balance between your everyday routine, diet, and workout regimen. The key is to staying 90% consistent with leaving that 10 % to indulge or cheat which is totally fine. I try to eat a consistent diet comprised of my favorite dishes for breakfast, lunch , and dinner. My main goal in each of my dishes is making sure that I eat a good source of protein in each meal including my snacks .   One of my favorite things to eat for dinner  is fish preferably salmon or tilapia . Although I am a vegetarian mainly I still eat fish as an extra opportunity to fit protein into my diet.  I normally eat fish with a healthy carb such as quinoa,  brown rice, and couscous with a good serving of veggies.   My go to veggies are spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, kale, and brussel sprouts. Pictured to the left is an example of a meal I would meal prep. It includes turmeric seasoned tilapia, sautéed mushrooms, and spinach, and half a cup of brown rice. Preparing this as your dinner in combination with other healthy meals will definitely allow you to start seeing results. 

IMG_0035.JPG

Gut Healing / Post Workout Smoothie 

My favorite thing as apart of my healthy lifestyle are smoothies. I make protein and detox smoothies perfect for maintaining a  healthy diet. You can drink this as many times as you want. I sometimes like to substitute a detox smoothie as a protein smoothie and add my protein powder in there after a successful workout.    One of my favorite smoothies to make is a gut healing detox smoothie which includes:

1 cup of Coconut Water

2 cups of fresh Kale

1/2 an avocado ( I prefer small hass avocado)

1/2 a banana ( Frozen or Fresh)

1/2 a cup of pineapple 

1 tablespoon of fresh grated ginger

1 tablespoon of turmeric ( I use the powder)

1/4 cup of seeds including chia and flax seeds

IMG_0023.JPG

 

Healthy and Delicious snack 

 

 

Fresh Fruit Salad is always a go! Fruit is always my go to when i want to snack especially when I try to snack healthy. Fruit salads can be every filling, nutritious, and appeasing to eat. Pictured to the left is my go to fruit salad which includes the ingredients of :

Pineapple

Kiwi

Dates

Strawberries

Papaya

Blueberries

One thing that is consistent and is necessary with a healthy lifestyle is working out.  Working out relieves stress and centers your chakras. I aim to workout at least 3-4 times a week combining powerlifting, HIIT, and free weight workouts. Due to the coronavirus, home workouts have become a part of my routine. I am not fond of home workouts but they are definitely useful in keeping up your routine.  Here you can see a part of my routine that I do during and after my workout.